Monday 12 May 2014

Day 73: Patton Bridge to Troutbeck

We have been climbing steadily for a couple of days now and today seemed more up-hill than ever as we headed toward the Lake District. For the most part the day was uneventful, however, one event which seems funnier on reflection than at the time occurred as we were crossing a little beck. There was a small footbridge (just the width of a plank) wich had become very slimy with moss, and as I was crossing my feet just lid from under me and down I went onto my bottom. Nothing hurt except my pride but the problem came when I tried to get up: just kept slipping down again as I couldn't get any purchase on the slippery wood. So what to do? Nothing for it but to slide along the plank on my bottom until I reached the end and could put my feet down onto terra firma ... I'm just greatful  I had the camera otherwise it might have been an interesting snippet for U-tube lol.


and enjoyed more bluebell woods in the sunshine that we enjoyed all day, Yahoo!


The terrain became more steep as the mountains of the Lake District came closer,


and closer,


and closer



and even closer.


Then, as we approached Windermere we said goodby to the Dale's Way and headed down the slope toward the village, where we enjoyed a cup of coffee before the last few Km to Troutbeck and the Youth Hostel.








No comments:

Post a Comment